In 9 days time the PlayStation Vita will be released in the UK and there is much competition in regards to prices.
Last week Vodafone announced that they will be offering a Pay as You Go deal in regards to the price plan for the 3G sim card included in the 3G version of the console. For just £5 top up aswell you will get to download Wipeout 2048 for free and if bought from a Vodafone store you will recieve a free memory card aswell. Much like GAME you can trade in old phones and consoles towards the cost of the console.
The most impressive deal is with Shopto.net and they offer for the Wi-fi version on the Vita for £218.84 with a choice of six games. the choices are as follows
- Rayman Origins
- Asphalt Injection
- F1 2011
- Dungeon Hunter
- Ridge Racer
Or if you want a super bundle Shopto.net offer that aswell
A PSVita Wi-fi with Asphalt Injection, Michael Jackson Experience and Lumines with a 4Gb Memory card for £264.85
If you do pre-order with them you get the pre order pack which includes headphones, discount of a psn game and some avatar outfits.
Here is the link for their Vita page
In just less than a months time Mass Effect 3 will be with us all to play and was one of Microsoft’s exclusives until EA made Mass Effect 2 multi-platform
Mass Effect 2 on the PlayStation 3 was the Game of the Year version and had every bit of DLC available at a discount cost AND you did not need to play the first game either as it had a comic book style mission summarising the first game with choices to make that effect you later on.
After playing through the Mass Effect 3 demo I can safely say that this game is going to be one of the best this year. Two missions are on this demo and for those people who have stuck with the series since the first game back in 2007 the demo makes you feel like you never left the game even though Mass Effect 3 has been two years in the making.
You start the demo on earth with some basic choices in which you pick some of your old team to stay alive if you did so in previous games and with a situation where the Reapers have now invaded earth and you have to get out of there and back onto the Normandy to try to save the human race. Graphically this game is stunning through all of the action and there is no slowdown. Right from the start as you are escaping, ships in the background are getting destroyed and left in awe at the quality of it all.
You get a sense of how determined Commander Shepard is in the demo so far and with the team mates aswell. With it being just a demo it remains to be seen how all the choices made from the previous game saves will affect relationships and consequences in the full game and gives us something to really look forward to.
I have been a massive fan of the DiRT series and DiRT 3 is the most complete package of the whole series.
So it is fitting that Codemasters are releasing the complete DiRT 3 package on March the 9th with a suggested retail price of £29.99. This includes all of the DLC that was released.
Here is the list of that content
- The Monte Carlo Rally Pack: eight breathtaking Rally stages featuring dramatic climbs, descents and hairpins of snowy mountain roads. Race through the Alps and conquer the legendary Col de Turini pass.
- The X Games Asia Track Pack: four new routes set across two new tracks in Shibuya, the neon heart of central Tokyo, where spectacular mud-spattered Rallycross circuits weave beneath towering skyscrapers.
- The Power and Glory Car Pack: stars five cars including the BMW M3 Rally, Lancia Delta S4, Ford Focus ST Rallycross, Scion tC and Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept, each with a range of liveries.
- The Mud and Guts Car Pack: features five cars available for single-player, split-screen and online multiplayer events. Race the Lancia Stratos, Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2, Citroën C4 Rallycross, Saturn Sky and Ford Mustang GT, each with a range of liveries.
- The Colin McRae Vision Charity Pack: access the Ford Escort Mk II, a 70s rally classic with five liveries.
- The Ken Block Special Pack: features a customised and upgraded Ford Escort Mk II, an Open Class Rally car sporting a killer Ken Block livery.
- The Mini Gymkhana Special Pack: access the mid-engined Mini Cooper S Gymkhana, customised and tuned to become an outrageously responsive Gymkhana car.