Category Archives: News
In 9 days time the PlayStation Vita will be released in the UK and there is much competition in regards to prices.
Last week Vodafone announced that they will be offering a Pay as You Go deal in regards to the price plan for the 3G sim card included in the 3G version of the console. For just £5 top up aswell you will get to download Wipeout 2048 for free and if bought from a Vodafone store you will recieve a free memory card aswell. Much like GAME you can trade in old phones and consoles towards the cost of the console.
The most impressive deal is with Shopto.net and they offer for the Wi-fi version on the Vita for £218.84 with a choice of six games. the choices are as follows
- Rayman Origins
- Asphalt Injection
- F1 2011
- Dungeon Hunter
- Ridge Racer
Or if you want a super bundle Shopto.net offer that aswell
A PSVita Wi-fi with Asphalt Injection, Michael Jackson Experience and Lumines with a 4Gb Memory card for £264.85
If you do pre-order with them you get the pre order pack which includes headphones, discount of a psn game and some avatar outfits.
Here is the link for their Vita page
I have been a massive fan of the DiRT series and DiRT 3 is the most complete package of the whole series.
So it is fitting that Codemasters are releasing the complete DiRT 3 package on March the 9th with a suggested retail price of £29.99. This includes all of the DLC that was released.
Here is the list of that content
- The Monte Carlo Rally Pack: eight breathtaking Rally stages featuring dramatic climbs, descents and hairpins of snowy mountain roads. Race through the Alps and conquer the legendary Col de Turini pass.
- The X Games Asia Track Pack: four new routes set across two new tracks in Shibuya, the neon heart of central Tokyo, where spectacular mud-spattered Rallycross circuits weave beneath towering skyscrapers.
- The Power and Glory Car Pack: stars five cars including the BMW M3 Rally, Lancia Delta S4, Ford Focus ST Rallycross, Scion tC and Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept, each with a range of liveries.
- The Mud and Guts Car Pack: features five cars available for single-player, split-screen and online multiplayer events. Race the Lancia Stratos, Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2, Citroën C4 Rallycross, Saturn Sky and Ford Mustang GT, each with a range of liveries.
- The Colin McRae Vision Charity Pack: access the Ford Escort Mk II, a 70s rally classic with five liveries.
- The Ken Block Special Pack: features a customised and upgraded Ford Escort Mk II, an Open Class Rally car sporting a killer Ken Block livery.
- The Mini Gymkhana Special Pack: access the mid-engined Mini Cooper S Gymkhana, customised and tuned to become an outrageously responsive Gymkhana car.
This months Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Elite map is “Overwatch.”
Overwatch drops you into a construction site atop a New York City skyscraper. The battle takes place along two levels in a near symmetrical layout, with the central bridge and side routes open to attack from multiple angles. Watch your every step, as a lack of safety barriers surrounding the perimeter leaves nothing between you and a 70 story fall to the ground below.
This is ahead of next months big three piece for Elite members first so take a look at this image to wet your whistle
Square Enix London Studios announced this morning Sleeping Dogs™, a gritty and visceral openworld cop drama set in the vibrant city of Hong Kong.
Developed by United Front Games in collaboration with the renowned Square Enix London Studios, Sleeping Dogs will be available in the second half of 2012 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PCs.
Sleeping Dogs catapults players into the role of undercover cop Wei Shen, tasked with taking down one of the world’s most fearsome criminal organisations from the inside… the Hong Kong Triads. As players explore the bustling and crowded Hong Kong island, through its neon-lit side streets and sprawling street markets, an incredible story unfolds of loyalty and betrayal, where Wei begins to question his own motives as he is sucked in deeper than he could ever imagine.
“From the moment you pick up the controller and experience the blend of driving, close combat and shooting you know you’re playing something fresh and a bit special,” said Lee Singleton, General Manager of Square Enix London Studios. “Sleeping Dogs has one of the best melee combat systems out there – it’s super brutal with devastating takedown moves, and when added to UFG’s proven heritage in driving games, a first class story and the vibrant backdrop of the Hong Kong underworld we get a fiery recipe with fun written all over it.”
“Working on Sleeping Dogs has been such a huge passion for the team at United Front Games and we’re really pleased to be working with Square Enix London Studios,” said Stephen Van Der Mescht, Executive Producer at United Front Games. “The extensive experience both our studios have in creating compelling openworld gameplay and rich and rewarding combat makes for a perfect partnership. Working together we can make sure that Sleeping Dogs is the most intense and immersive experience it can be.”
It is that time of the year again where EA release some great sports games and I for one am a big fan of the Tiger Woods series and last years was a great improvement over its predecessors, Tiger 11 was more of a Ryder Cup feel and last years was based around the Augusta Masters.
The only downside for me was the confusion around the season mode with the sponsorships that didn’t make sense and having to buy the DLC courses to complete a full PGA season which would have left a few people short on funds(me included)
Moving onto this years game, it expands on the Masters and has full Kinect AND PlayStation Move support which is handy and looks to be a step forward compared to last years game. There is also a huge overhaul of the swing action.
Total Swing Control Taking its most significant leap forward in swing mechanics in over a decade, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 13 revolutionizes the virtual golf swing. Golfers will take full control over their swing with all-new tempo, swing plane and shot power controls along with an adjustable shot setup, allowing players to address the ball in a number of ways creating tens of millions possible shots with just one club.
There is a new mode this year called “Legacy” and here are some details and a video:
Tiger Legacy Challenge lets you relive Tiger’s most memorable golf accomplishments as he rises from a child prodigy to a golfing legend. Revisit each era of Tiger’s career, from his Toddler Years practicing in his backyard, to his first television appearance on The Mike Douglas Show, through his epic victories at the Masters. Play through and complete each era to unlock bonus in-game content.
- Toddler Years – The first era includes events from Tiger’s childhood in the late 70’s, which introduces players to the new swing mechanics found in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13. During these events, you will play as Tiger between the ages of 2-6.
- Early Years – This era takes place between 1983 and 1986 between the ages of 7-10. You’ll participate in some of Tiger’s first golf tournaments including the Junior World Championship.
- Junior Years – Takes place between 1988 and 1991 at the ages of 12-15 and showcases Tiger winning each age group of the Junior World Golf Championships. These events incorporate various audio distractions while playing, which Tiger’s father used in real life to help him train and hone his skills.
- Amateur Years – This era focuses on Tiger at the ages of 18-20 and includes accomplishments during his Amateur golf career such as the U.S. Amateur Championships, his first trip to the Masters Tournament, and College Invitational.
- Rookie Years – Between the ages 21 and 22,this era encompasses Tiger’s first two years on the PGA TOUR, as well as his first major win at the Masters, his first President’s Cup, signing with EA SPORTS, and hitting a hole in one at TPC Scottsdale on the famous hole 16.
- Tiger Slam – Arguably one of Tiger’s most memorable accomplishments to date, this era focuses on his career between 2000 and 2001 at the ages of 24 and 25, when he won four majors in a row. It also includes a challenge to match Tiger’s snaking putt at the 2001 Players Championship on the 17th island green at TPC Sawgrass.
- Pro Years – The Professional Years include accomplishments between 2002 and 2008 such as various major wins, famous shots (2005 chip-in at Masters), and winning the FedEx Cup.
- Present Day – This era includes current events such as the 2010 Ryder Cup, 2011 Presidents Cup, and the beginning of fictional events that lead up to the ultimate goal of winning 19 majors.
- Future – This section includes major events that are in the future such as the 2014 U.S. Open at Valhalla and the 2015 British Open at St. Andrews.
- Record Books – The last era will end with Tiger chasing his 19th major on his way to breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record.
Like last year there is a collectors edition and will feature 5 additional courses and some pro shop items for your golfer!
Stay tuned for my review of this game at the end of March